While last visiting my in-laws in NY state my mother-in-law bought the cutest handmade hanging dish towel. It looked like a simple enough thing to make. I thought I might do a tutorial, but found the following two already online.
Pot Holder Dish Towel from Dollar Store Crafts
Hanging Dish Towel from Trey and Lucy (what I followed)
These are very easy and extremely fast to make. It took me all of 15-20 minutes to whip my first one up. It would have been faster but I sewed my line crooked so I had to rip it all out and then re-sew.
Tools needed are a dish towel and a coordinating pot holder (preferably with the loop sewn on the side and not the corner, so you don’t have to make your own loop)+ 1 button and your sewing machine, although you could sew it all by hand.
As others have mentioned, this is an excellent solution to “little hands” pulling down dish towels onto the floor.
Next time I need to give a house warming gift, these might be just the thing.
- A Crown for our Little Princess
- Crepe Paper Leis
- Pouch Sling
- Baby Shower Favors - Little Gingerbread boys
- Baby Legs
- Felt Tea Bag Tutorial
- Thumbprint Felt Cookie Tutorial
- Baby Receiving Blanket
- Pot Holder Hanging Dish Towel
- Laced Hanger Tutorial
- Make a Wool Soaker For $2.00 Or Less
- Felt Food Grapes
- Knotted Headband Made
- Crocheted Baby Beanie With Button
- Crocheted Check Stitch Scarf
- Crocheted Baby Mittens
- Child's Montessori Apron
- Crocheted Puff Stitch Camera Cozy
- Crocheted Baby Pumpkin Hat